Pitbull’s carry the burden of having allergy problems. Furthermore, they have allergy problems on their skin. As a result of fleas, ticks, or environmental factors such as mold, dust, or pollen.
Here is the best shampoo for Pitbulls but first here are a few tips on what to look for.
What Should I Look For?
When a flea bites a dog, its saliva goes into the dog’s bloodstream. This will cause irritation which makes a dog go crazy. Then, the dog will itch their skin until it bleeds if it doesn’t go away.
Luckily, shampoo products are now taking a look towards prevention. It is important that you look for products with natural preventions such as lavender or neem oil.
Mixed into shampoo these oils will dilute enough to use in the recommended way, by placing it on your dog’s coat.
This might seem obvious, but many people overlook this when buying shampoo. Often times shampoo products with many healthy oils in them can have a “Medicine Smell” or a “Strong Odor”.
Your dog is going to be walking around every day after their bath. The last thing you want is to choose a product that doesn’t have a good smell or has too strong of a smell.
When online shopping a good way to check if a product smells, is to check the reviews. If you can’t smell it, the second-best way is to see what those who have already bought the shampoo think.
You will put this shampoo all over your dog. You want to make sure that you get a product with a sworn reputation for using only natural ingredients. Artificial ingredients can make your dog’s allergy situation even worse.
If your dog is having extreme allergy problems you should first visit your vet. You must find out what is causing your dog’s breakouts. Then you should find the right shampoo that will be best for your dog’s situation.
This is a very important factor that most people don’t look for or understand.
This means that the shampoo is not acidic nor completely alkaline.
It is right in the middle, hence, balanced. For example, water is a 7 pH, this means that it is the balance.
Why does shampoo need to be pH balanced? If your shampoo is not balanced, this causes more dandruff and will make the itching worse.
When they balance pH it lets the rest of the ingredients work on solving the problem, instead of adding to it.
When washing your dog you want to make sure that the shampoo washes off easy. Along with all the bacteria on your dog’s coat. Most times, a product will say if it is easy to rinse. If it doesn’t check the reviews or Q & A.
If you find no information there, usually, a shampoo that is easy to rinse has no soap in it! This is not a crucial factor if you don’t mind spending extra time deep cleansing your dog.
What Is The Best Shampoo For Pitbulls?
Healthy Breeds Oatmeal & Aloe Dog Shampoo
- Provides relief for itchy, scaling and sensitive skin with the mild oatmeal and aloe formula! A gentle shampoo is more suitable for dogs with sensitive skin or allergies!
- Hypoallergenic formula is safe for use with topical flea control treatments! Keep your dog fresh and clean with the delicious Pina Colada scent!
- pH balanced! Healthy Breeds offers a high-quality oatmeal shampoo that is gentle and soap-free! Help restore natural moisture and emollients in your dog’s skin and coat!
Last update on 2023-05-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This oatmeal and aloe formula is good for all dogs who have sensitive skin. It is gentle and made with a hypoallergenic formula for use with flea control treatments.
Not to mention the pina colada smell that will have your dog smelling wonderful. It has a pH balanced formula too. This will restore that natural moisture in your dog’s skin and coat.
I should also say that they have custom shampoo for whichever breed you own. If you go to their amazon page, pick your dog and made for your breed.
Reviewers rave about the good smell this shampoo produces for their pooch. Also, the ease of washing this shampoo off your dog for a faster and more comfortable washing process.
- Hypoallergenic Formula
- pH balanced
- Made In The USA
- Great For Sensitive Skin
- Smell Doesn’t Last Long
- Nothing Too Different About This Product
Lillian Ruff Dog Oatmeal Conditioner – Lavender Coconut Scent
Calm your dog’s irritated skin with this natural conditioner. That they made with oatmeal and aloe. This will be a result of the conditioner moisturizing your dog’s sensitive skin.
This conditioner will also bring back the high quality, smooth, shiny coat that your dog had when it was a puppy. The lavender and coconut oils are also the perfect natural repellent of fleas.
The lavender and coconut oils will also leave a long lasting good smell on your dog to give your nose some relief. The lavender is a natural stress reliever and the coconut oil reduces inflammation.
Reviewers claim this product has made their pet’s fur smooth and silky. Reviewers also say this shampoo reduced their dog’s scratching of their irritated skin.
- Great Smell
- Natural Prevention Of Fleas And Ticks
- Reduces Inflammation
- Doesn’t Help Itchiness On Certain Dogs
- Smell Of Conditioner Can Be Overwhelming
Paws – Hypoallergenic Dog And Cat Shampoo
Paws pride themselves on the fact that this product will remove the allergens from your pet’s skin. If your dog has sensitive skin, this will soothe their skin.
Not only will this end the existing allergies that your dog faces. This product will also avoid allergies on your dog’s skin in the future.
This is because of its formula filled with allergy blockers. Yet, this product doesn’t use any toxic chemicals, and they advertise this as all-natural.
They make this with Aloe vera, chamomile, and rosemary. These all provide amazing benefits without a drop of toxic chemicals.
The aloe vera is a powerful moisturizer and nutrient-filled. The chamomile is an anti-inflammatory and protects your dog’s skin from free-radicals. And the rosemary stimulates your dog’s hair growth.
Reviewers have said that this product has ended the itchy skin and it has also made their dog’s skin soft and shiny. These people also claim that there is no medical smell to this product.
- All-Natural Ingredients
- No Medicine Smell
- Allergy Prevention
Doesn’t Help Certain Dogs
Lid On Bottle Doesn’t Fit Well
Moosh – Natural Dog Shampoo
- WHY WASH YOUR 4 LEGGED LOVE ONE IN A BUCKET OF CHEMICALS? When we say Natural and Organic – We mean 100% Natural and Organic! No sulfates. No preservatives. No chemicals. and easy to rinse. ALWAYS CRUELTY FREE
- ITCHY SKIN or HOT SPOTS? We are the only dog shampoo with Bentonite Clay. This clay has been known for centuries for natural healing abilities. It leaves your dogs fur squeaky clean and calm, soothed skin.
- SKIN ISSUES? We use Argon Oil. Rich in emollients, it moisturizes, conditions and reduces skin issues and flaking. SHEA BUTTER and ALOE VERA Soothe, soften and moisturize the skin as well as leave hair silky and shiny.
Last update on 2023-05-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This shampoo is pH balanced, hypoallergenic, easy-to-rinse, and concentrated! It is also the only dog shampoo with bentonite clay. Famous hundreds of years for its natural healing abilities.
Bentonite Clay binds with bacteria and toxins pulling them away from the skin. This results in a deep cleaned, smooth, unirritated skin, and coat.
This Shampoo is also made with argan and neem oil. Known for its natural antiseptic, antibacterial properties. Rich with emollients that moisturize your dog’s coat reducing flaking and dandruff.
Also, it has shea butter and aloe vera to soften and moisturize the skin. While making your dog smelling their best without any use of artificial chemicals.
Many reviewers say that this product completely put a stop to their dog’s skin allergies. Many also claim that this product has a pleasant smell after they washed their dogs.
- Great Smell From Natural Ingredients
- Made With Bentonite Clay
- Reduces Flaking And Dandruff
- Smell Could Be Stronger
- Some Dogs May Be Sensitive To The Neem Oil
Pro Pet Works All Natural Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
- >ALL NATURAL PLANT BASED FORMULA: Featuring ingredients like Aloe Vera Gel, Organic Almond Oil, Oatmeal, and Vitamins A, D, E, and B12, our unique and special blend was formulated to be safe and effective for pets with sensitive skin. Works as a detangler to detangle hair for easy brushing, is safe for daily use, and helps eliminate that oh-so-familiar wet dog smell. Give your pet relief from hot spots and itching with our proprietary patented shampoo and conditioner.
- >PREMIUM QUALITY: Made using only the finest ingredients available, our formulation is paraben-free, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, alcohol-free, and soap-free. The Aloe Vera Gel in our formula contains twenty (20) of the twenty-two (22) amino acids that pets need that usually only come from the food they eat. To top it off, our products are made right here in the USA!
- >MULTIPET USE: Our one-of-a-kind, 5-in-1 oatmeal shampoo and conditioner is not just great for dogs - use our blend on your cat/kitten, rabbit, guinea pig, or ferret. Preserving the natural oil production of your pet, continuous use of our formula will provide your pet with a long-lasting, beautiful coat that you'll absolutely love!
Last update on 2023-05-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Pro Pet Works makes this vet recommended product with allergies in mind. Formulated for dogs with allergies to food, flea bites, and grass. Like many other allergy-sensitive products, this is pH balanced.
This product has no alcohol, sulfates, added colors, harsh chemicals, or fragrance. They make this with only all-natural ingredients. This product has mixtures of organic aloe extracts, almond oil, and vitamins A, E, & D.
This will give your dog a soft, easy to brush coat. Your pet feels and smell clean several days after you wash them.
Pro Pet Works makes a healthy product both for your dog and the Earth. With their 100% biodegradable and recyclable products. Also, they are non-toxic and non-alcoholic with no animal by-products.
Reviewers claim this product has helped their dog kill and prevent fleas. Many reviewers have also said this product has a fruity smell that is nice, but not overwhelming.
- Kills Fleas and Prevents
- Vet Recommended
- Made For Dog Allergies
- Not The Best Smelling
- Not Recommended For Dogs With Lots Of Allergies
Most of these shampoos are not made for pitbulls. But, they are still great for pitbulls, in particular, those with skin conditions.
I recommend the Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo. Although all these shampoos are good. This shampoo has a reputation of helping several dogs and it has several unique traits.
It has many special ingredients that help your dog. And it does not have an overwhelming smell.